Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Patti's Alaska Dip

Lauren isn't the only Sleepover Friend with her own special dip! Patti has one too - Patti's Alaska Dip. I think it sounds disgusting, but of course these girls can't get enough of it! In #9 No More Sleepovers, Patti?, Patti almost moves to Alaska when her parents are offered teaching jobs there. I don't have this book and I don't really remember much about it, but I guess Patti learns to make this dip while they are visiting Alaska. Luckily for the Sleepover Friends, Patti and her family do not end up moving to Alaska.

Patti's Alaska Dip

1 can chunk, white tuna (7 oz.)
1 package cream cheese (8 oz.), left out to get soft
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 scallion
1 teaspoon chili sauce

Make sure that you leave the cream cheese out of the refrigerator for about an hour before you start. Drain all the water or oil from the tuna. Clean the scallion and cut into four or five pieces. Put all the ingredients into a food processor or a blender. Blend until well mixed together.

Patti says she likes to serve the dip with vegetables, nacho chips, or plain old potato chips.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

EW!

Jen said...

There are MORE recipes?! Enough to make a poll? I love this blog!!!

And, in which section of the grocery store does one find a scallion?

BadKat said...

Ish, Ish, ISH!
A scallion is a green onion. Those are good! I have a friend that makes this type of dip with chipped beef and people love it, although I am against chipped beef.

zanne said...

I have to admit, I wasn't exactly sure what a scallion was! I love green onions.

In the book I was reading last night (I think #10) Lauren says that Patti's dip is mixture of tuna, catsup & some other stuff blended together. Maybe they changed the recipe? There was no catsup listed. I think that sounds even more disgusting.

Yes, there are lots of recipes! I will be sharing them all, and making some of them as well! Just not this one.

SolarSoda said...

Oh my goodness, thank you so so so so much for posting this and creating this blog! My sister and I grew up on the Sleepover Friends and made all the recipes numerous times. I will never forget the Sleepover Friends, or the yummy recipes. Thank you again! :)

Anonymous said...

desperately searching for the apple crisp recipe out of the sleep over guide HELP