Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Inspired by blogs such as The Dairi Burger, Like Pike, BSC Revisited and Fear Street, I have decided to recap one of my favorite series from when I was younger-- Sleepover Friends.

Sleepover Friends was about a group of 4 friends in 5th grade - Lauren, Kate, Stephanie and Patti - who had sleepovers every Friday night. I used to love sleepovers when I was younger, and these girls got to have one every weekend! They eat lots of junk food, play Truth or Dare, watch music videos and get in all kinds of trouble. I thought these books were so cool when I was younger.

I won a set of about 15 Sleepover Friends on ebay. However, when I received the box, there were no books inside--I got 2 bottles of liquid supplements and a bottle of conditioner! After talking to the seller & the post office, it appears that since the box was sent media mail, it was inspected at the post office and the contents were switched with another box. I was so disappointed! Luckily I won another set on ebay. Now with this blog, I can justify completing my collection!

I don't know how many books there were total in the series. The last book I can find is #38, Patti's City Adventure.

I don't have the first book (yet) but I plan to do them in order as much as I can. Look for a recap of #2, Starring Stephanie, coming soon!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Go, Zanne! I'm so excited about this! Sleepover Friends were my first "chapter books" when I was a kid. I was totally a Patti type, but I wished I was like Stephanie.

BadKat said...

Oh my, what an eBay story! I sell on eBay, so I think this is very funny. I hope the conditioner and vitamins were good!

Looking forward to the post!

Fear Street said...

I'm so glad someone is blogging these!

I can't wait for the first re-cap.

notemily said...

Oh, great, ANOTHER book recap blog I have to go back and read from the beginning. Found you through a link at Like Pike :)