Monday, August 18, 2008

Lauren's special dip

I bought the Super Sleepover Guide specifically for the recipe for Lauren's special dip. I did own an original copy of this book back in the day, but it's gone now. Thank goodness for ebay! If you make this dip, let me know! I plan to make it soon. I won't put olives in it though, since I hate olives. Of course I will eat the dip with bbq potato chips (even though I think that is a weird combination) and I will drink lots of Dr Pepper!

Lauren's Onion Soup-Olives-Bacon Bits-and-Sour Cream Dip

1 envelope onion soup mix
1 small can pitted black olives
1/8 cup prepared bacon bits OR 3 strips bacon, fried crisp
2 cups sour cream

To prepare bacon: If you are using bacon strips, fry them in a skillet over a medium heat until they are crisp. Turn off the heat, remove the strips, and drain on a paper towel. Crumble the cooked bacon.

Slice 10 to 12 olives into small pieces.

Mix everything together, and try not to eat it all before your guests arrive! The Sleepover Friends like this dip best with barbecue potato chips, but also try corn chips or chopped veggies.

Up next: I don't have a copy of #3 Kate's Surprise, so I will be doing #4 Patti's New Look. It's a good one--lots of great outfits!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I think I'm going to have to make that and feed it to my friends. Who would have no clue about Sleepover Friends. And be completely baffled as to why I'm even cooking anyway. I'll have to tell them: "I was inspired" and giggle to myself while I pour the Dr P.

zanne said...

That would be awesome! You definitely need to do that!

Fear Street said...

*drool*

Bacon...I'm hungry.

MaybeSomeday said...

I always thought the point of BBQ chips was that they were good enough to eat alone -- you didn't need dip. Oh Lauren.

BadKat said...

This stuff is GOOOOOOOOD!
I love olives though!

It is so good with pretzels!
Man, we sound like a bunch of stoners!

BadKat said...

P.S., Little Ms. Fearstreet, I find your love of bacon to be halarious!