Monday, September 8, 2008

Dr Pepper ice cream float


I made a Dr Pepper ice cream float tonight. It was really good! I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner! Thank goodness for the Sleepover Friends.

I bet you didn't think you needed a recipe to make an ice cream float. Well, there is one in the Super Sleepover Guide, so I thought I would share it.

Ice-Cream Floats

Your favorite kind of ice cream for floats
Your favorite kind of soda for floats
Whipped cream (optional)
Straws (optional)
Long spoons (optional)

What's the whipped cream for? It makes the floats "fluffier." Here's how to do it: Put a teaspoon of whipped cream in the bottom of a tall glass. Then add a scoop or two of ice cream and fill the glass with soda.

I don't know about you guys, but I never heard of putting whipped cream in the bottom of the glass. Have I been making floats the wrong way all these years?! I used chocolate chip ice cream and it turned out pretty good!

3 comments:

Fear Street said...

YUM

nikki said...

My dad used to own an ice cream store, until I was about 3 years old. For my first year of life, it was pretty much breastmilk and rootbeer floats! Lucky me!

Sada said...

I never put whipped cream in the bottom of the glass either! Thank God we have Lauren to teach us what's what.