Monday, September 15, 2008

Banana Smoothie

GO BEARS! haha

Tonight I made a banana smoothie, Lauren's favorite thing to order at Charlie's Soda Fountain. It wasn't very good. I do not recommend it.

Banana Smoothies

1 banana
1 cup milk
EITHER 1 cup yogurt
OR 1 scoop frozen yogurt
OR 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate ice cream
1 tablespoon honey (optional)



Put everything in a blender and mix. This is an especially healthful recipe if you use yogurt. With ice cream, it is almost like a banana milk shake.

I used yogurt and put in a little honey. I also threw in a few ice cubes, because I figured it needed it. Well, it was not that good. It would probably be better with ice cream.

Next up: I haven't gotten #9 No More Sleepovers, Patti? so I will be doing my favorite, #10 Lauren's Sleepover Exchange. I also plan to post the recipe for Kate's marshmallow super-fudge, although I doubt I will be making it any time soon. It sounds complicated. But maybe one of you will be inspired?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - i LOVE that you not only make the effort to try the recipes, but that you also go to the effort of taking a photo of your creation (complete with straw - did not go un-noticed ... loved that!!). Incidentally, I'm from Australia and I so loved this series when I was little, however uh my collection was pretty lame as I never, ever saw any after #4. I looked for them everywhere but never found any ever again. Never knew if the series just stopped, or what happened. So was excited to find this blog!!

Sada said...

Which books are you missing? I saw some at Goodwill the other day and thought of you.

zanne said...

I don't have my list here, but I should post which ones I have. I bought 3 more on ebay, but the seller is away and won't be sending them until some time next week. I hope to eventually get the whole series!

Anonymous said...

I have a rgeat smoothie recipe! Check it out if you want to give the smoothie another try...

A. M. Stine said...

Blech, I can't decide what sounds grosser, Banana Milkshake or Banana Smoothie... of course I hate bananas...

samadhan said...

Your article is very helpful for me, I will follow your instruction. Thank you.

Best hand blender said...

What are your favourite small home appliances products?
My Top 10 Best Hand Blender Reviews. Useful for everything from soups to purees to smooothies, ice cream, whipping cream, chopping nuts and scaring children!