Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kate's Chocolate Marshmallow Super-fudge

I haven't tried making this yet, because it seems a little complicated. I want to make it eventually though, because it sounds so good! In the Super Sleepover Guide there is another recipe by Kate called Four Star Brownies, and that sounds much easier to make. Basically, the directions are: Buy a box of brownie mix. Follow the instructions on the box. Throw in some nuts or candy. That is it! Sounds much easier to me! Of course, this fudge can't be that hard to make if a fictional 5th grader can make it. ha. Anyway, if any of you are up for a challenge & decide to make Kate's fudge, let me know!

Kate's Chocolate Marshmallow Super-fudge

2 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 can evaporated milk (5 oz.)
1 jar marshmallow cream (7 1/2 oz.)
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 package of semisweet chocolate pieces (12 oz.)

Put the sugar, butter or margarine, evaporated milk, marshmallow cream, and salt together in a large saucepan. Stir over low heat until blended. Turn heat up to medium, so that the mixture boils slowly. Stir constantly for about five minutes - the mixture will get thicker. To make sure that it is done, drop a tiny amount in a cup of cool water. It will hold together in a loose ball if it is done, and separate if it isn't. (Don't forget to keep stirring while you are experimenting!) Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Keep stirring until chocolate is melted. Pour quickly into a buttered 9-by-9 inch pan. Smooth to the sides of the pan. Rest your stirring arm and let the fudge cool.

I am still anxiously waiting for the Sleepover Friends books I won on ebay to get here. I hate media mail! Up next is #11 Stephanie's Family Secret.

11 comments:

nikki said...

I'd try it, but I have weak arms and all that stirring would hurt. But I'd gladly eat some that someone else made :)

Jen said...

I want some!!!

But I'm also intimidated by fudge making. I've never had any fudge turn out. It always stays liquidy for some reason.

Fear Street said...

That sounds sooooooo good!

Ashley said...

See, I want to try to make all these recipes? But that means there will be dishes to wash. Sigh.

A. M. Stine said...

Okay I have everything except marshmallow cream... but marshmallows are the same right? So I'll try it tonight, and let you know how it goes!

BananaBomb said...

Another fudge recipe to add to my collection! I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I never realized what an impact the Sleepover Friends had on me. Every time I wear a black/white/red combo, I think, how very Stephanie of me!

Consider yourself linked! :)

BadKat said...

This is almost like my step-mom's fudge recipe, except she uses milk chocolate chips instead. It is tasty, she only makes it during the holidays though.

I made a pan of brownies for my boyfriend and his beer buddies on tuesday night. They were ALL gone in about 10 minutes. I almost forgot I made them...

BadKat said...

Zanne,
Yes, email me your kitty pics! We can compare and decide who has the goofier looking cat...
Do you have Facebook? You could post them on there!

BadKat said...

I respect your kitty's modesty ;)

My email is badkat7036 at gmail dot com. I'll dig up Fluff's lion cut pics and we can compare :) And laugh...

Anonymous said...

This looks a lot like my grandma's fudge recipe. When I asked her for it, she informed me it was on the back of the Kraft marshmallow creme container. If it is the same, it gets VERY hard to stir after a while and will hurt your arms, but it's yummy.

Anonymous said...

I actually made this fudge today for my husband. It took awhile and my arms are killing me, but he loved it. It came out so delicious. It is worth it if someone has the time.